Tuesday 9 August 2016

Running recovery software for Cisco IM&P or any Cisco VOS for recovering corrupt file system

One day I was trying to login on my IM&P server  and its not allowing .
I logged in to console and discovered that the file system got corrupted.

What to do ...

Do i need to rebuild the server or any other option.

After googling found that there is a recovery software from cisco that can be used to recover any corrupt file system.

Its very simple and help me recovering my IMP and Presence  without any issue.

download the file from cisco.com











Now mount the File to the VM and boot the VM ,It will boot with the Media and will display the below screen.











Select the option F for file system Check and recovery in case of any file system issue

After that it will run ,sit idle for 15-20 minutes and after that remove the media and it will recover the corrupt file system.

No comments:

Post a Comment